If you want to watch a video when you aren't connected to wifi or your cell network, you can choose to sync (download) videos to your Android device using the Yippee's app. This is a great tool when watching on an airplane or other places without wifi or network.
- Download and open the Yippee's app on your Android device.
- Navigate to the video you want to sync within the app.
- On the video of your choice, tap the offline sync button to start syncing the video or videos to your device.
- Once the video is complete, you are free to disconnect from wifi or network.
- You can watch or delete your synced videos by clicking the menu button, and then OFFLINE VIDEOS. Click the X button to remove the video from your device.
The length of time it takes to sync is dependent on a number of factors, chiefly wifi or data connection, as well as the length of the video. It varies so much that it isn't possible to give an estimate of a standard length of time. However, you can also check to see if you've disabled HD downloads in the profile settings on the seller app. To do so, just open the app and tap "Profile." Under the Download Settings section, tap "HD Downloads" to toggle the setting on.
- Please note: syncing an HD file (if available) will use more space on your device than an SD file.
In addition, the app must remain open (i.e., app open and screen on) during the entire sync in order to prevent the operating system from stopping the download. If you're syncing a large file, you may want to adjust your device's battery-saving settings to prevent it from sleeping until your sync is finished.
Duration of video availability offline
DRM impacts how long a video remains available offline in the app without internet. Currently, when offline, users have 30 days to start playback and 48 hours to finish playback once it has started before they need to reconnect to the internet to obtain a new license if the content has DRM. Offline access to non-DRM content does not expire. It's not possible to redirect storage to an external device for security reasons, so the video can only be viewed from within the app.